20180615

Saturday June 16, 1979

_. I left my bed at 10am to feast my gaze upon the Trooping of the Colour spectacle. It's a marvellous event that never changes other than the fact that the poor Queen gets older with the passing of each year. One of these days Her Majesty will be observing the pageant from a bath chair.

At 12:30 Ally and I went to Burley-in-W where I passed the day in Dave's garage 'helping' him strip the engine from his Mini. I didn't do much but at least I gave Dave something to laugh at for the duration of the afternoon. He is such a mellow, mature character.

Dad and the ladies went on a shopping expedition to Otley.

Tonight, despite all that we've said, we went out with Sue and Peter to Dick Hudson's pub, the Hare and Hounds tap room, and finally the Commercial at Esholt. At Esholt Annie Lindley informed me that she's leaving in 6-8 weeks. Things just won't be the same. Poor Ron is in no condition to work. On to the Prachee at White Cross, which was ridiculously extravagant, but amusing.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...