20180611

Thursday June 14, 1979

_. Have I mentioned the Chancellor's first budget? I must have forgotten. Good old Sir Geoffrey (Howe) has done something with income tax, but I have insufficient intellect to discuss it further.

David, now of Folkestone, is 24 today and I sent him an appropriate birthday card. Tonight I went with Ally and Sue to the Drop and then Oakwood Hall. Mrs Hanson, the buxom landlady of the Drop, commented that I was the most envied man in the pub (a reference to the beauty of Ally and Sue), but I corrected her saying surely they are the most envied women? Mrs H laughed about this a good deal. She laughed a little too long really.

At Oakwood I danced so much that my wrist watch steamed up and stopped. It will never be the same again. Peter came in with Chippy and Dave W. Sue met an imbecile named Tony who attempted to teach me the protocol of chatting up women. Can you imagine? Sue didn't let on that I was her brother, and so we had a laugh at his expense. Home at 2:30 pissed up on cider.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...