20090323

Friday January 26, 1973

I couldn't be bothered to catch the 8.30 bus so I waited until 9 o'clock. Mr Groves gave us a lecture on the vices of the 6th form. Evidently, Mrs Capstan-Fullstrength has been complaining about someone spilling salt in the study area. I have never been so embarrassed. It was June and me yesterday afternoon. What's more, everyone except Groves knew who the culprits were.

Dave and myself had one hell of a laugh with Christine Braithwaite. Chris and Louise had some sort of argument this afternoon. I think it was because Louise had lost Chris's expensive Parker pen. If that's all they can find to fight about it's a bloody pity.

June was in lessons all afternoon. I was kept amused by Christine and Dave. I stayed at school until 4.35 walking June, Linda, Benita and Janet to the bus stop. It wasn't until June had gone that I realised it was the last I had seen of her until Monday. I therefor, with great presence of mind, instructed Janet to tell June (they work at the same bakery in Horsforth on Saturdays) to meet me at the Emmott Arms at 8.30 on Sunday. I pass on my phone number just in case June wants to speak to me first. I arrived home at 5.30. Janet rang me at 6 for final instructions. She was worried that June would think she is being nosey.

I worked at the Chuck Wagon from 7. A boring evening. A couple sat pouring over their bill until 12.30 - silly sods. I missed the Frankenstein film on the telly.

Will June go to the Emmotts on Sunday? Will she ring tomorrow night? When I threw these questions at Janet she was positive that June would turn up.

I intend revising on Saturday and Sunday. European History is sometime on Monday. Let's hope it's in the afternoon. It will give me time to revise just that bit extra.

Dave may be leaving Woolworths tomorrow. He is ringing me to give a full report on his final and irrevocable decision.

Got home from the Chuck Wagon at 12.45. Made poached eggs on toast with fresh coffee. Somehow I do not feel like sleeping. All day I have felt a strange sinking feeling in my stomach. Excitement mingled with fright. Is this love?

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday May 6, 1984

 2nd Sunday after Easter Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Dismal. The little warm spell has passed by.That's summer over and done with. Down to t...