20090310

Saturday January 13, 1973

Awoke and had breakfast at 11.30am. Had a lazy day listening to records until lunchtime, Watched the television in the afternoon and I especially enjoyed "Dr Who" - one of my favourites since the age of 6. After tea I walked down Thorpe Lane arriving at the Chuck Wagon at 7.30. Things went very busily until 1am. You can imagine how tired we all felt. A couple of drunks kept us waiting until nearly 2am, but at least we had a laugh. Little Worthington is the most pretty dog I have ever seen. Sue is attached to Webster, but I am always absorbed by cute puppies. Sue did not mind in the least when I told her I was having next Friday off. I had told Toffer last night but he had forgotten to tell Sue. He has a memory like a sieve. Arrived home at 2.30am. John was asleep in the chair. I had to awaken him to let me in. Poor boy. He had to sit up all night simply because I did not take my key with me. Susan and Lynn are staying the night with Alison, and Mum and Dad are at Geoff and Lorna Saxton's annual rave-up. They probably won't be home until 4. Mum distinctly told me not to wait up. All Hell will be let loose if I happen to be sitting here when she walks in. I will do a bit of writing before going to bed which rules out the chances of my getting up early in the morning.


=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday May 6, 1984

 2nd Sunday after Easter Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Dismal. The little warm spell has passed by.That's summer over and done with. Down to t...