20090324

Thursday February 1, 1973

Sue (Riley) is 23. Got up at 8.30 this morning. A beautiful, sunny, crisp day. Went on the 9 o'clock bus. Mrs Lane came across at 10. She wanted to see me first. I have 25 per cent for the European paper and 35 per cent for the British paper. Added together they make 60 per cent out of 200, which is 30 per cent. Luckily, the others didn't do much better. She seemed very cheerful considering the circumstances. At 10.45 I invigilated an exam for Mrs Lane whilst she went for a break. Economics was a laugh as usual. Irene made a usual show of herself. I'm sure old Ayling fancies her. In the common-room this afternoon we make a date for the Emmott Arms tonight.
I arrived at the E at 8.20. T..'s dad bought me a pint of keg. He thought I was going to the Golf Club disco. I sat with Ivy until June and Lynda arrived at 8.45. Chris came at the same time. June looked ravishing as usual. MM and Judith Lea came in at 9, and they took June, L and myself to the Golf Club at about 9.50. The music was very loud. Sue Crosby and Martin Vere-Bujnowski were already dancing. June, L, Chris and me went into the bar for a drink. Andy Graham knocked back a double whisky in one gulp. We were all a bit fresh after the drink and we groped back into the disco for a dance. One of June's friends declared us man and wife. It was a good excuse for us to interlock arms together and fool around. I took them both to the bus stop at 10.40 and J and I kissed goodnight. Never have I hated the 55 bus so much.
My bus came at 11.15. Had a bit of supper and came to bed at 12.
--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 9, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds, &c Still dull outside. Who cares? Our alarm clock is on the blink and refuses to sound off. Samuel laid patiently...