20090324

Wednesday February 7, 1973

Another cold, blustery day. Got up at 8am, Went on the 8.33 bus. Another mixed up and frustrating day.June was in lessons all day, and I had 3 out of 6 of mine. Vey busy.
What makes me laugh is that June always doubts that I am keen on her. When I suggested going up to the Emmotts tomorrow she said yes, but that I'd be bored, and she was not wantingt to push me into something "disagreeable" to me! She could not get much further from the truth. I would not miss going to the Emmotts with her for anything. I have a feeling that a romance is blossoming between Denise and Dave L.
At lunchtime Dave and I went down to the chippie to get the weekly order - fish and chips six times and fishcake and chips once - the price came to 98p. I am almost sure that we keep the old woman there in business. Groves went out in the afternoon leaving his 6th formers to the vices of the card table and Christine Braithwaite. I refused to play cards and sat with Cowie instead discussing the qualities of June and Linda W.
At 4 we were all re-united and messed around for half an hour before we went for our buses. June and Linda missed there buses and so waited with Cowie and myself. When the 55 came at 4.45 we were in two minds whether to catch it or not - June looked most depressed when we did. Cowie and I were waving violently from an upstairs window until they disappeared from sight. We hardly spoke on the journey home. Cowie was worried that L had fallen out with him.
With Divine assistance I should be going to the Emmotts with June tomorrow evening. Sadly, however, I am completely out of solid cash. Mum or John will have to deal out some lolly. If not, my marital prospects with Miss Bottomley may be at stake. In our case however, I suspect that the bliss and contentment of our meetings at school alone will usurp the purge of my not attending the Emmotts.
My reputation as a "lady killer" may have been severely weakened today by the rumour put about by the lower 6th that _______had finished with me because of a refusal on my part to go to bed with her. This sordid question never once entered into our relationship and I proceed to treat it with the contempt it deserves. On reflection it is amusing.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday May 6, 1984

 2nd Sunday after Easter Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Dismal. The little warm spell has passed by.That's summer over and done with. Down to t...