20090416

Friday May 18, 1973

Sue is pregnant! (Not my sister of course, but Sue of CW fame!) I said on Tuesday that I'd go down today and find her knitting. She can hardly believe it. The little bundle of joy is due on Christmas Eve - what a fabulous little Christmas present that will be!

Got to school at 8.30. Cowie and Ulrich are flat out with hangovers. I feel fine. Christine arrives 10 minutes later. They go off to York at 9.30 - another pub crawl - poor devils!

June and I go to the park at lunchtime. A beautiful sunny day. She says that she will never marry me - but not talking seriously. When I say that I'll have to marry her twin instead she changes her tune and says she'll have to marry me because she couldn't tolerate me as a brother-in-law.

Louise and I do Biology in the afternoon. Reproduction in plants! We laugh at the thought of geraniums copulating in a sweaty heap on the greenhouse floor!

Arrive home at 5.10 after waiting with June at the bus stop. We are meeting on Sunday at the local.

Got to CW at 7.30 - Sue is knitting! I immediately understand what this means - call Toffer "Dad" all night. They are both overjoyed. Home at 12.30 after a quiet evening.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 9, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds, &c Still dull outside. Who cares? Our alarm clock is on the blink and refuses to sound off. Samuel laid patiently...