20090514

Friday December 28, 1973

Mum got me up at 7.15 and I went to Leeds on the 8.20 train after having only a lemonade for breakfast. Most unusual morning - only 3 hours work because it's my half-day. Have finished all my filing and everything by 11.55. Home by 1 o'clock. Have soup for lunch. See Mother for only a few brief minutes and she dashes back to work until 4.0.

A rainy, uncomfortable day. All we've had this Christmas is rain upon rain.

Poor Sue Riley is showing little, or no, signs of delivering a child into the world. I don't think it will come until the New Year now. A pity really. Sue's baby would have been a fitting close to 1973.

Chris rings and I say I'm not going out. John triies to convert me into celebrating Friday. Dave rings at 7.15 and I decide to go to the Fleece with the gang. Everyone gathers at about 8.15. At 10.15 Peter Mather takes 8 of us back to the Emmotts where we all have one more drink. In all, I consumed 4 halves of Guinness and 3 packets of nuts. Andy was annoyed when Linda, Christine, John and myself refuse to go back to his house for a drink. Andy and Chris don't realise that some people have to work Saturday mornings. Home at 11.30. St with Mum, Dad and Sue until about 12.30. Quite a laugh it was too.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday May 7, 1984

 Bank Holiday in UK Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Bitterly cold. A bank holiday instituted some years ago by a Labour government. May Day indeed. It ...