20090716

Wednesday August 7, 1974

Tremendous evening. Lynn joins John and myself, or perhaps I should say joins John, Peter Mather, Carol and Anne S, Dave (Bless Him)Baker, and voluptuous Carol Smith down at the Hare and Hounds.

Lynn drinks no alcohol whatsoever, and we move on to the Malt Shovel, then on to Dave's where we go through a bottle of Pernod and a massive bottle of whisky. I drink whisky from a pint glass, and I don't really mind admitting that more than the required limit passed through my person. Stay till about 1.30 - just Lynn, Carol S and Chris and myself then Dave brings us home. Coming through Yeadon at nearly 2am we were stopped by PC Copsey in his cop car who just asked Dave the preliminaries etc. Quite frightening really and it's the first time I've been in a car nabbed by the cops.

Back to Pine Tops where John and Peter M entertain their American friends for the last time. I become slowly more intoxicated until at 2 I stagger upstairs and sleep.


-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday May 7, 1984

 Bank Holiday in UK Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Bitterly cold. A bank holiday instituted some years ago by a Labour government. May Day indeed. It ...