20100205

Monday March 3, 1975

Busy day at the YP. The builders, or whatever they call themselves, are smashing holes in the walls and making a nasty mess in general. The phone never stopped all day and I can't say I was sorry to get out at 5.00pm.

Walking home was a treasure indeed. The mildness and the light made me realise just how fantastic Spring really is. The daffodils are opening, and it's a relief to know that the little bit of winter we've experienced is the only winter we are going to get.

It's going to be yet another expensive week. Lynn is 17 on Thursday and Dave is 19 on Saturday, and it's Mothering Sunday the day after. Wow! A few quid will be parted from the Imperial wallet before Monday is with us omce again.

Christine will now be in London, and I feel strange about about something. I have always had a great affection for her, and I'm sure I'll pine for her when she's not knocking about with us regularly. I may even love her without knowing it. Or have I always known and refused to believe it? If she is through with Chris one never know what might arise.

Have a bath and see television all evening. Kojak, the bald headed copper is all the rage at the moment. This was followed by part God knows what of 'Churchill's People'. This was about William Wallace and Edward I, &c.

Cornish pasty for supper and come to bed at about 11 o'clock.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 9, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds, &c Still dull outside. Who cares? Our alarm clock is on the blink and refuses to sound off. Samuel laid patiently...