20100205

Thursday March 6, 1975

Lynn is 17 and it's pay day which is quite convenient considering. Up at 7.30 and dash off to work - no Jim Rawnsley. He's been in Eastbourne all week, so the bus is the final resort.

I go out at lunchtime in what looks like a flood to get Lynn a card. Don't intend buying a present because she always prefers money, but a box of chocolates caught my eye. In the end she got the chocolates and the money.

A letter awaits me from Twickenham. My heart pounds with the excitement of it! I know it's nearly Spring and all that, but I do feel peculiar when her name is mentioned. Love. It's like the first pangs of adolescence all over again. Marriage, six kids and a mortgage as long as my arm are the only possible results of the passionate feelings towards the gorgeous, temporary inhabitant of Twickenham - but it really is nice.

John is at college until 8. So when Mum, Dad, Lynn, Dave, Sue and Peter decide to go for a meal and I am half persuaded, but considering the financial side I change my mind. They all get in at about 1am slightly stoned, and a photographic session follows, in which I take an active part. Lynn in Mum's coat and specs, and Dave in a policeman's helmet. Quite a laugh. Bed at 2am after a glass of champagne with a bit of fizz.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 9, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds, &c Still dull outside. Who cares? Our alarm clock is on the blink and refuses to sound off. Samuel laid patiently...