20101008

Thursday January 29, 1976

I had my hair cut at lunchtime and took the rest of the day off.

Dad takes me to the Hare & Hounds at 8 o'clock and we have a quiet drink together. We discuss the forthcoming wedding.___________.

At 8.30 Carole and I go the Fleece in Horsforth, and Chris came in shortly afterwards. He tells me he is to be transferred to Batley and is taking a cut in salary and will have to buy a car and will probably have to cancel his holiday. This is all we bloody well need. It seems as if Peter and I will have to pack the Ibiza plan in too because we can't go with just the two of us.

We go down to Chris's where Maria and John look tired and exhausted. The poor things have had a strenuous, overpowering few days I know, and they go home at 10 o'clock to get some decent sleep.

Chris shows Carole and I the 1975 holiday film and brings us home in his Dad's car after 11. I play the Santana LP which Carole, bless her, bought me today, and go to bed at 1.30.

Mum and Dad are round at the Macdonalds until after 3am.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 9, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds, &c Still dull outside. Who cares? Our alarm clock is on the blink and refuses to sound off. Samuel laid patiently...