20180502

Monday May 28, 1979

_. Bank Holiday in England, N. Ireland, Scotland & Wales.

Got out of bed with what looked and sounded like a cold but is probably more of an allergy. I felt in perfect health yesterday.

Hilda and Tony came here at 10 and they collected Mum & Dad and set out for Diss, Norfolk, and the delights of Ruby & Arthur.

I drank lots of coffee and sent myself deaf with the thumping of the stereo, and sat by the window in glum posture. Sue and Peter came home at 5pm, very bedraggled and damp, from Whitby. They asked me to join them tonight, but I didn't feel like it.

I sat, quite alone, with slices of cheese on toast, watching 'The Great Gatsby' starring Robert Redford. I first saw it with Denny (Denise) and MM in 1974 when it was released. I liked it then, and I like it now.

At midnight a drunken mob converged on the house. Sue, Pete, Chippy, Debbie, Flu, Sharon, Shaun, John (Sumpton?) &c. They made a noisy entry, and concocted a revolting snack by opening several tins of corned beef and adding curry powder, and the remains of a lamb casserole that's been hanging around for days. My head cleared quite considerably. I must have sweated it out.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 9, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds, &c Still dull outside. Who cares? Our alarm clock is on the blink and refuses to sound off. Samuel laid patiently...