20240501

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end of which he was like a lead weight. To Laura Ashley where Ally bought a frock for £26 and a pair of shoes (£9.99). I went to Greenhead's and bought 'Adele & Co' by Dornford Yates and then to Thornton's for a box of chocolates. Very sensibly I have decided that clothes form the bulk of Ally's birthday presents. No jewels, furs or trinkets this year. Back at 5. Lasagne and orange juice. Ally worked tonight and was bubbling with fun. I sat drinking with Bernie. After (at 12) Ally and I drank £7.03 worth of booze (Malibu, shakers (?), port, &c. and went to romp upstairs until 3am. _______.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday May 21, 1984

 Bank Holiday in Canada Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Lord Willoughby de Broke is 88; Lord Clydesmuir 67; Lord Maxwell 65, Mr J. Malcolm Fraser 54, a...