20090414

Wednesday April 18, 1973

Mum got me up at 8.50. Dad gave me a lift to the CW at 9 o'clock. Sue and Toffer were still in bed. I knocked them up - Sue yelled from her bedroom window, telling me to let myself in. Webby and Worthy made a fuss over me and I cleared last night's greasy dishes away. Toffer came down half naked and told me to get a step-ladder fom the garage. To cut a long story short, Toffer went to the cash-and-carry for an hour whilst I polished the tables, and set them. Sue was hoovering upstairs. Toffer came back and cleaned the frier. I didn't begin my cleaning until nearly 11. Worked like a Trojan until 1.30 - when we went up to the Chevin Inn for lunch. I had a delicious salad and one and a half pints of ale. I never expected to be swilling ale on a Wednesday afternoon. At 3 we went and caught Sue's horse - a massive white brute - very nice really. Toffer with Worthy, Web and I drove back to the CW and I started on the walls again - with industrial grease remover. Worked until 5.30. Sue came home and paid me £3 and then gave me a lift home. Had dinner. Mum said I looked awfully pale.

They went out to Auntie Hilda's to see a concert - Mum hates these so-called concerts. I had a bath and washed my hair at 6.15. Emerged at 6.45. Ready at 7. Had a coffee then left and caught the 7.30 55 bus - it was raining. Arrived at the Emmotts at 8 o'clock. June hadn't arrived. I sat alone with half a lager. She's still not here by 8.30, and at 8.45 I go outside and wait in the bus shelter. I could not beleive she had not come. June would never break a promise. Sure enough, she arrived on the 8.50 bus with Sue Bottomley. She was full of apologies. Evidently, her leg had cramp and she had missed the 8 o'clock 55. They had walked most of the way up.

At 9.30 Chris, Denny and MM came in. So did Keith Harrison - and he finished up with Sue Bottomley for the evening. She must like him really. Sue and Keith walked down to the bottom, June and I waited at the bus stop. Left at 11.10. We are meeting tomorrow.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday May 7, 1984

 Bank Holiday in UK Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Bitterly cold. A bank holiday instituted some years ago by a Labour government. May Day indeed. It ...