20090504

Monday October 8, 1973

Get up at 7.50 feeling very sprightly and awake. Eat very little and depart in the rain for Benton Park where I arrive, still in the rain, at 8.55.

Spend the whole morning with Christine laughing at the 'Wyndham-Logg' books. I ought to be thoroughly ashamed of myself. Six weeks to the 'A' level and 'O' level and I am messing about with rubbishy made-up stories which benefit no one.

Christine and Philip today celebrate their second anniversary and are getting engaged at Christmas or New Year. Of course, only a select few have been informed of their future marital preparations.

Later. I promise to go to the Fleece tonight where Christine and Philip are burning the midnight oil. However, on arrival home Mum says I shouldn't be going out, due to the fact I have only 50p left. I agree.

See Dad who tells me that he will be at Yeadon airport on Wednesday afternoon when Princess Margaret leaves after engagements in the county. I decide I'll go see her off on Wednesday. Mum also considers going up with me, but she changes her mind saying: 'would Princess Margaret go out and give me a wave?'

Strangely enough no one rings me tonight and I go to bed at 10.30. Having an early night is certainly a rare phenomena where I am concerned.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 9, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds, &c Still dull outside. Who cares? Our alarm clock is on the blink and refuses to sound off. Samuel laid patiently...