At school I speak with Jackie Petit, who tells me she is giving a camp-fire rave-up in a field near the home of Michael Stott this evening. MM is close at hand, and he also sees the fun which is to be had at such a gathering - and especially with Miss Petit. I inform the delectable Jackie that I may pay her a visit after closing hours. She smiles amiably.
Later. After the usual round of telephone calls I arrive at the Fleece half an hour later than everyone else. From 8.30 until 11 I am sandwiched between Miss Christine White and Miss Laura Butchard. Laura is clad only scantily, in one of her very low-cut gowns, but reeking of those intolerable moth-balls. How weird all these evenings are without Dave, poor soul, whi is flogging his guts out in Worcester - and four four years!
Tragedy! At 11 o'clock MM just stands up and announces that he's going home. I ask: 'what about Jackie's party?' He quips: 'Oh, it will all be over by now.' I disagree and tell him so. He gives John and I a lift home.
See a good film starring Stewart Grainger as a brutal wife murderer. Lynn also sees it with me. I am in bed by nearly 2am. Sleep soundly.
--==--
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday March 21, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ As you have no doubt fathomed by now our plans to move from the Moorhouse have grounded on the rocks of apath...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment