20100610

Thursday October 9, 1975

I don't go to see Carole tonight because for one thing the weather was an absolute sod, and for the other thing I was rather tired and shagged out after a hard day at work. Mrs P rang me at 9pm to see if I was going down but I told her I was just about to 'hit the sack'.

Mum and Dad have an interview for the Station pub in Ilkley tomorrow morning, and they went down tonight to give it the old 'once over'. They came back with tales of wonder, and I realise now that it's probably a blessing that they never laid possession of the New Inn. I only hope that they have some success.

Yesterday at the Hare I had a bet with Helen that Princess Anne will not have a child until 1977. Next year of course is out of the question (see Sept 22, 1975), and the spring or summer of 1977 is the first opportunity for the royal pair to give the Queen a bouncing grandchild. I have placed a pound on it anyway, which makes it a very serious proposition indeed.


-==-

1 comment:

  1. Princess Anne gave birth to Peter Phillips on November 15, 1977.

    I won the bet.

    ReplyDelete

Monday May 7, 1984

 Bank Holiday in UK Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Bitterly cold. A bank holiday instituted some years ago by a Labour government. May Day indeed. It ...