20th after Trinity. Don't go to Carole's today. She said quite categorically that I needn't bother going every day, so I put her resolution into effect by staying at home. I do wish she would hurry up and recover. Illness is something I cannot cope with in others. For one thing, I don't make an ideal conversationalist when confronted by a pale, demure invalid.
I'm in no mood to continue writing today and so I'll be saying Goodbye.
-==-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday March 13, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Saw Caroline again. She handed me a flimsy garment for my 'Tarzan act' tomorrow. Bloody hell, I take ...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Margaret Rushton, our absentee barmaid, graced our abode with her presence at luncheon. Her mother is flat ou...
No comments:
Post a Comment