20090408

Sunday April 1, 1973

Awoke at 12 noon. Mum was frying the breakfast... and it's Mother's Day. She doesn't know a good thing when she sees one! Mum made my breakfast whilst I did the vacuuming in the lounge and hall. My good deed for the day...lazy sod! No sooner was breakfast over that Mum was re-setting the table for lunch, due to the fact that Dad is working until 2pm and he has not eaten since 9am.

Dad, John and I are still arguing about the Grand National squabble. John keeps insisting that Dad owes him 5 pence, but Dad refuses to pay up because he insists that John backed out of the bet only when he thought his horse was loosing. However, I was an eye witness, and Dad is certainly in the wrong.

Came out of the bath at 2 to a very nice beef luncheon - not had beef for a while. After lunch I made the coffee and we went into the lounge until 4.30, when we piled into the car and went to Pudsey.

At Pudsey Auntie Hilda made a delicious tea and Grandma Gadsby came over to see us. I stayed until 7.30. Dad and Uncle Tony gave me a lift to the Emmott's. They came inside for a drink with me. A very historic occasion, because it's the first time Dad and I have ever been together in a pub. June and Linda arrived not long after. I introduced them to Dad and Uncle Tony. We had a lovely evening. At 10.30 June and I went to the bottom road in the drizzle - but a refreshing type of rain. Her bus came at 11. I missed mine and walked home, arriving at 11.35.

I rang Auntie Hilda's - and Uncle Tony is now holding a court of inquiry into John and Dad's dispute over the gee-gees. I give evidence to Uncle Tony over the phone. After half an hour Auntie Hilda phoned me and I gave evidence to her. She nearly died laughing.

Had my supper feeling jolly at Auntie Hilda's jest. Came to bed at 1am.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday May 15, 1984

 Full Moon Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Dr Hampson says he will not resign his seat but his PPS job has gone. The PM is reported to be livid that he...