Up at 1. Cramp quite gone. Nice lunch. Mum spends the afternoon either sitting in the garden or lying on her bed - one of her Sunday afternoon privileges. Denny, Lynn and I watch the tv - a film - then "Department S" and then "Alias Smith and Jones". Salad for tea at 6. Denny goes on the 7 o'clock 55. Pleasant day really. Sit on my bed counting my money and see that I have £3.15 to last me until Thursday. I need £2 for bus fares and £4.50 for Barclaycard and thus discover that I am £3 or thereabouts in debt. Ah well, worst things happen at sea. I shall have to employ an accountant to deal with my monetary affairs. John goes out with Pete M at 8.30 and Lynn, Mum and I sit around eating chocolates, drinking sherry, and watching 'High Society' starring Bing Crosby and Princess Grace of Monaco. Chris comes in with John for a coffee at 10.30. I go to bed at about 11.30. Lynn and Sue sit on my bed talking about holidays until nearly 1. Yet another late night! When will they ever end?
"Rock Your Baby" George Macrae.
-==-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday March 21, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ As you have no doubt fathomed by now our plans to move from the Moorhouse have grounded on the rocks of apath...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ 5th Sunday after Trinity Bessie phoned. Andrew and Lorraine are to live in un-marital bliss in a £29,000 mais...
No comments:
Post a Comment