20100611

Wednesday October 15, 1975

Now that Carole is well again we make the most of it.__________. (Large deletion). Sorry about the mess.

I was in a terrible rage this evening. After arranging to meet Carole at 8.20 I rang John & Sheila to determine the arrangements for my venture south tomorrow. I spoke to Sheila, and to my horror, she said they couldn't put me up this time. I was mad, but didn't tell her so. They've had my letter for a week and haven't had the decency to reply to it. Mum says it's really bad of them and she, for one, won't visit them in Windsor again. I rang Peter to tell him the bad news but he just said we'd have to go on with our plans all the same, except I'd have to stay with Chris too.

Went down the lane at 8 but no bus came until 8.45. I was hopping mad by the time I reached the Hare. Nothing seems to have gone right tonight. However, Carole soothed me somewhat and I cheered up in next to no time.

Saying goodbye to Carole was a bit sad and she kept saying she was going to cry. I came home and stuffed everything into a suitcase. Mum gave me £5 from the Nora Rhodes Trust, and by 12.30 all was ready. Have to be up by 6am. Ugh!

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 9, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds, &c Still dull outside. Who cares? Our alarm clock is on the blink and refuses to sound off. Samuel laid patiently...