20180616

Monday June 18, 1979

_. Odious day at the YP. It is rapidly dawning on me just how much work I do in comparison with the vast majority of my colleagues. ______________.

Sarah took a half-day, just to be awkward - bless her. I met Jacq at luncheon at the Ostlers. We get on very nicely. I do delight in her sense of humour. Ate nothing. Came home at 5 - very hot afternoon.

Annie and Arthur Greenhoff, from Mexborough, arrived for the festivities and a full-scale Royal Albert high tea was laid on. They look very much the same as they always did. Little Arthur is the very image of the bald-headed geriatric stooge on the Benny Hill Show. Saw a film on the TV, starring Frank Sinatra and Jacquleine Bisset.

I slept downstairs due to the influx of silver wedding party revellers and turned in about midnight.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday March 13, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Saw Caroline again. She handed me a flimsy garment for my 'Tarzan act' tomorrow. Bloody hell, I take ...