_. Ally and I were quite unfit for work and decided to forgo our daily labours and stayed between the sheets. Susan was displeased, not with our decision but at being disturbed in the small hours. I fell back to sleep to be awakened at 9:30 by Sarah C on the telephone. I told that I could not possibly get into the office today. She slammed down the phone saying I was impossible and it was about time I grew up. Goodbye Sarah.
Slept all day. Delia phoned and laughed about her daughter. Up at 6:30pm. Peter was watching Wimbledon. We stayed home until 10 and then went down to the White Cross. We intended coming home at a reasonable hour but Helen Scott's party lured, and Ally and I went to Hyde Park (Leeds) and drank gallons of wine, which I simply couldn't keep down. Vomit and 3am and back to Guiseley. It was a weird party.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday March 21, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ As you have no doubt fathomed by now our plans to move from the Moorhouse have grounded on the rocks of apath...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ 5th Sunday after Trinity Bessie phoned. Andrew and Lorraine are to live in un-marital bliss in a £29,000 mais...
No comments:
Post a Comment