20181123

Tuesday June 26, 1979

_.I phoned Auntie Mabel to tell the news about Catherine's birth.

Tonight JPH came to tea and stayed until 8:30. He refused to touch his fish fingers and chips, and only wanted biscuits and could hardly contain himself when he eventually had his way. His little head peeping over the table with his cheeks bulging. Afterwards he played football in the garden, and filled his toy digger with soil. We went over to the park and did a circular tour. I pointed out a large, fat blackbird, and he asked: "should we kill him?" Ally and I took him back to Ridgeway and then went on to Lynn and David's to get a run down on Christine & Graham's wedding. ___________.

Ally and I returned from Burley entertained, but under the impression that nobody is without criticism tonight. Lynn complained about everyone and everything. I, according to my sisters, have no feelings whatsoever. Bless her.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...