20221005

Tuesday November 2, 1982

 Election Day, U.S.A

Phoned Dave Middleton who said he'd bring us a new sink tomorrow. 

I really should curtail my drinking. I can recall very little of what happened at Mary's party and evidently my 'Jekyll & Hyde goes to Morley' routine has given Ally some heartache. I am thoroughly ashamed of myself and will do everything in my power not to upset Ally again. She doesn't deserve such shoddy treatment.

YP sensations: Kathleen scampered in at 8:40 today and told Sarah she was making her deputy librarian in readiness for Kathleen's proposed retirement in circa 1987. Sarah doesn't want to do a librarian course but feels she must. What would happen if an outsider was brought in instead?

This evening we sat eating sandwiches watching the new Channel 4. Much of it looks very dull. The Princess of Wales was on the news opening something - a new wing on a hospital for the blind, I think. The girl is such a charmer. She has everything of the Queen Mother about her and her laugh is deep and hearty. The prince couldn't have picked a better bride. Rumour has it that HM is going to Althorp next week. I only hope she won't be RAINED off!

Up to bed after 10.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...