20230105

Friday January 28, 1983

 Full Moon

Fun at the YP. I didn't tell anyone that I'm taking a holiday next week until after 3 and they all looked on in horror. Carol and poor Margo will be the only ones working on Monday. I couldn't hide my grin. I think I must have a terrible sadistic streak. 

Went outside at 5:10 and Frank, in his BMW arrived, with Ally (and she sat up in the front with her Dad because travelling in the back makes her queasy). With Radio 4 blasting and sitting in the back I couldn't listen in on any of the conversation taking place. He insisted on channel jumping when I was in the middle of a concerto or interview. Count Nikolai Tolstoy insists on referring to 'Princess Diana'. Heard the BBC news about eight times. The water workers are continuing to reject the latest pay offer. Billy Fury, an ageing pop idol from 1961, has died from a heart attack. He sang something called 'Halfway to Paradise'.

We arrived at Chillandham Cross at 9 o'clock, and Bessie was waiting with a dinner of pork chops which we had on trays on our knees before the log fire. Andrew passed his motor cycle test today, but didn't talk about it. 

We went off to bed quite early because Ally is still sniffing and giving great chesty coughs. Graham was absent.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...