20230214

Tuesday February 15, 1983

 Gloom at the YP. We went before Gerry Holbrook, the managing director, who told us he wants 200 redundancies before August 31. I have a feeling I'd like the redundancy money which could be as much as £4,000.

At home Ally set me some sums and gave all the house plants a drink. We've ignored them since Christmas.

Some Ghastly animal rights people have sent letter bombs to the Ministry of Agriculture and others. This 'save the fur and feather brigade' really annoy me. We ate the straying liver tonight. It didn't seem to be any the worse for its over night stay at the Bradford Area Health Authority. Apparently a cleaning lady chased her down the street with the offending offal.

Glynnie phoned. He never changes.Andrew is 19 today. We sent him a fiver. Saw part 2 of 'Masada'.

Bed at 11 with no qualms about tomorrow.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...