20230802

Tuesday May 3, 1983

 I was awakened at 5am by Ally who was in the bathroom threatening to faint. I went to assist. She was sick and wobbly and went back to bed. I phoned Patricia at the AHA and she wasn't convinced. These people never are. I have a cheque in the post to the value of £34 from my YP pension scheme. Ally got up at noon and sat with her feet up sipping tomato soup and pushing in tiny pieces of toast. Will I be a father in January? A pregnancy lasts 274-280 days. From April 7 this takes us through to January 6, 1984 - Epiphany.

Watched the lunchtime news on TV. An earthquake in California, but only one person killed. Watch this space. The quake of 1906 (or was it 1913?) must surely soon be repeated. Steve O'Connor's lackey came to say that the rain is preventing work on the roof, but by lunchtime the rain had stopped and we had a dry afternoon which is more than can be said for Steve O'Connor over in the Second West reminiscing with his friend George at the bar.

Ally sat with her book, a glass of milk, and Wilkie Collins. We watched TV. To bed after 'Minder'.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...