20230908

Sunday June 26, 1983

4th Sunday after Trinity

 Ally feels slightly better today, yet still queasy. We put the settee into the middle of the room and lay upon it like Romans. Ally snoozed but was frequently awakened by the canon fire from the Battle of Edgehill coming from the film 'Cromwell' on BBC1. A hideously biased film. Before the battle we saw Cromwell (Richard Harris) praying: 'Oh Lord thou knowest how busy I must be this day: If I forget thee, do not thou forget me'. This prayer was actually spoken by Sir Jacob Astley (1579-1652), who fought on the royalist side. The film shows frequent meetings between Cromwell and King Charles I which never actually occurred. Why do they meddle with the facts so?

Lynn and Dave brought the children at 5 for an hour. Frances insisted on taking down every book from the bookcase. Katie is fat and brown. I have never known a baby smile so much. We dined on pork chops. 

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...