20240105

Thursday February 16, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds, &c

The alarm sounded at 7:30 but I switched off and slept until 8 then crept down to the cellar leaving Ally and Samuel to sleep. The Kenmare lady arrived (fruit machines). Back upstairs and it was bathtime for baby. Karen says that Samuel is my double, but I cannot see it. He is just a little pug. Breakfasts are now a thing of the past. Too busy to savour our morning repast as in the golden days of yesteryear. Still, we enjoy the pace of it all. We cannot say life is boring. Ally did the pub lunches for the first time unaided. We took £11.10. 

Sarah phoned in hysterics. Kathleen's old auntie with whom she lunches every day lives in one of the flats looking down on our pub. For some reason Kathleen has heard from Betty in photo sales, and now thinks that I don't want her to know. 

I am feeling my feet now. _______. Margaret and Karen worked tonight. They say the customers know I mean business when I clear the place for 10:55pm. Let's keep it up. Knackered. Upstairs, Samuel has wailed all night. Sat watching Robin Day's programme with my feet up, and sandwich in hand. To bed after 12.

Takings: (B) £209, (L) £128

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...