20240527

Wednesday May 23, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds

Jim's Daily Star continues to build up my hopes about Carolyn Penelope Herbert. I do hope something will come of it. The prince really needs to settle down. His public image isn't all that good. A wife will give the lad a boost, I'm sure.

An odd day because it's usually our day off. Ally took Samuel to the clinic. He weighs 13lb 4oz - perfectly average. He's fatter. All this tinned Heinz stuff. 

A good crowd appeared in the tap room after yesterdays lunatic session in the afternoon. A group of very well spoken lads came in to play darts. I assume they are trainee dentists or budding army colonels. Very polite and inspiring. The rif raf have given way to a more genteel clientel. 

Ally has had a card from the Watts family. David is moving to Goole - poor sod. We shall never see them again. Also news from Catherine Alderson who is expecting a child in November.  ________. Quiet night. Just Audrey and I.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday August 10, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn Sandy (left) and chum. My first guinea pig, Sandy, was born 20 years ago today. Blimey, what a brain I have. What a memory. O...