20240725

Wednesday August 22, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds

Marlene, Frank, Mark, Deborah and Auntie Mabel came to lunch and sat outside beneath an umbrella devouring ploughman's lunches and Black Forest gateau. It seems mercenary taking money from them but if not I'll never make a millionaire. Does Robert Maxwell's cousin have to pay for his 'Daily Mirror'? 

We are told that Elizabeth Taylor wants to die in Wales to be near Richard Burton's ghost. Won't the ghost be floating around in Switzerland? I am confused.

Samuel blows raspberries and entertained his kinfolk, so much so that I detected blue faces and wet eyes. Like Fred Karno's circus. Auntie Mabel dotes on him.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday October 8, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Columbus Day, USA / Thanksgiving Day Canada Stand well back, I have a cold. Not a cold exactly, but my throat is dry, ...