20181129

Tuesday July 10, 1979

_. Travellers cheques are such a good idea. Why haven't I used them before?

To Cala Bassa. Beautiful girls and hundreds of coloured umbrellas. You have to see the ocean here to fully appreciate the beauty of it. Only Lord Byron, and perhaps Pam Ayres, could describe it adequately.

Back at the Galfi we ate at a local bar. I did not enjoy my runny omelette. It resembled the 1966 Abervan disaster, only it was yellow. All sludgy and sloppy. Purchased a couple of bottles of cheap wine (70 pstas each) and it must have gone straight to Garry's head for when the battery of his camera failed he made his way to his balcony and lobbed it into the field where the goats gathered. "It let me down" --- Oh I did laugh.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...