20181129

Saturday July 7, 1979

_. To the YP from 8:30 to 1:30. Ally drove me to Leeds with my luggage and a hangover. It was so very good of her. I wish she could have climbed into my suitcase and come along too.

Took a train to Stockport and got there at about 4pm. Dave G was in holiday mood and raring to go. I can never see us going anywhere but to San Antonio. And to think I laugh at people who holiday in Blackpool year after year.

Went at 5pm to collect Garry with his permed hair and shy aspect. Joined by Billy, Neil and Steve. We went to Didsbury (Steak Kebabs?) and for one of the nicest dinners of my dining-out life. My T-bone was succulent. Back to the Hollywood until about 4am. The lads played pool whilst I sat smoking with Jim and Lily. Billy is going to be absolutely fatal.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...