20200324

Friday October 19, 1979

_. Ally chauffeured me into Leeds at 8am. She's having another day on the skive. Having no change of clothes I wore one of her old sweat shirts with 'Plough Inn, Itchen Abbas' plastered across the front. This made me a figure of ridicule for the whole day.

At 1pm Ally returned and we went to Len's Bar which they have ruined by recent alterations, and then the Central Station. YP and YEP staff are packed in the bar including John MacMurray and Michael Brown. We argued about the current debate in the Church of England regarding homosexual priests. I don't understand the problem. Why just pick on queer vicars? Why do bent butchers, bankers, boxers and barristers slip through the net?

Home at 5 [I had been half an hour late back from lunch and Kathleen appeared peculiarly unconcerned]. Mum is ill and their car has broken down.

Out at 7:30 to the White Cross, the Drop and then the Cross again. Saw Patrice Saunders but couldn't understand a word he said. Home at 11:30 and saw Sir Harold Wilson as the host of a new repulsive chat show.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...