20200330

Saturday November 17, 1979

_. Disgusting I know, but the first sign of life we experienced today was at 1:15pm. My head felt like a ton of pig iron. Ally similarly indisposed but brought hot, black coffee to bed. A damp, dismal day.

At 2 I went in search of groceries, but came back with nothing but a bunch of grapes. A pound of grapes costs 40p these days. Ally, in the steam of the kitchen, finds my offerings peculiar. I sprawled upon the sofa, as a Roman might have done, dropping grape after grape into my mouth. It was an afternoon of domestic bliss.

Phoned Mama and invited ourselves to dinner. Phoned Lynn too, who said she and Dave were going out with Sue & Pete and so we invited ourselves to join them. Ally's car is hopeless. She attempted to start the engine, without success. By bus to Guiseley for 6:30. We always titter and giggle on public transport, don't ask me why. Dinner was exquisite. Out at 8:30 with Sue, Pete, Lynn and Dave. We were all subdued, and to make matters worse a fight broke out in the White Cross which upset the girls. On to the Shoulder. Chippy, Debbie and Gus were there [back from Holland]. Lynn in one of her infuriating moods. Home to Pine Tops at 11. Ally stayed the night. Lynn dropped us off at home and called in to see Mum and Dad for an hour. Bed at 1:30.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...