20200327

Sunday November 11, 1979

_. Remembrance Sunday
    22nd Sunday after Trinity

Spent a long day at Club Street with Ally and Dave the Sailor. I am besotted with Ally's stereo machine. So much so that I now aspire to be a Radio 1 DJ like that great man Tony Blackburn.

Dave is a decent chap, and I do feel very sorry for him because I think he thought his weekend with Ally would follow a different course. After all, we do know what sailors are, don't we? Poor boy. I doubt whether he will be quick to return, even though he has been made very welcome. Ally is of the same opinion.

The spitfire remains incapacitated and so at 7, we happy threesome, took a bus to the White Cross and had fish and chips. By now Dave the Sailor is so subdued I am feeling uneasy. We were so relieved when a bus came at 10 and took him off to Leeds. Saw Ally onto a bus back to Bradford at 10:30 and walked home in the rain. Hilda and Tony are being entertained by Mum and Dad. Uncle Tony is now a Rotarian.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...