20200408

Thursday January 10, 1980

_. Busy day because Sarah and la Johnson were at the Literary Luncheon where the guests of honour are the weird combination of Sir Harold Wilson and Terry Wogan.

This afternoon I felt 'off it' and developed a throbbing headache. I haven't had a headache in years and decide I must be going down with influenza. Oh, and on the topic of disease and health I am sure you will be thrilled and delighted to hear that 'pnuemocallaghanicosis' has almost been wiped off the face of the earth, possibly with the exception of Cardiff West, where a mild form of this paralytic, debilitating disease still dwells. All thanks to 'Dr Thatcher', whose Tory vaccine has eradicated the ailment.

Home at 5 to be taken straight out again by Mum and Dad, who have borrowed Peter's car [the Toyota being incapacitated]. To the White Cross, where due to the lack of food, and alcohol flow, I was soon rolling around the walls like Freddie Frinton. Home again after a couple of hours. Ally came and we gave then the calendar plate.

Lynn and Dave, Jim and Margaret came at 9.

-=-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...