20200616

Sunday August 31, 1980

_. 13th Sunday after Trinity

My grandmother, Ruth Ellen Upton would have been eighty today. She married Albert Rhodes in 1922, bore him seven living children, and died, exhausted, in June, 1959.

Said goodbye to Ally at 10:30 and returned home. Met David on the lane and he joined us for breakfast. Mum and Dad went off to a 60th birthday party at Uppermill, and I walked to Burley-in-W which took about an hour. Lynn gave me steak and chips, and afterwards I helped Dave lay a few paving stones, and then joined Lynn in a deckchair [not the same one]. Later they went on to Mr & Mrs Baker's residence at Pool, and dropped me at my deserted home.

Sat with a mug of soup watching TV. A play about Tutankhamun's curse, which was interesting. Didn't the Earl of Carnarvon's daughter, Lady Evelyn Beauchamp die very recently? Bed at 12:30. Mum and Dad came in at 1:30 and Tony woke me.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...