20200617

Sunday September 7, 1980

_. 14th Sunday after Trinity

Woke up with no hangover. Most unusual. In Sunday tradition I was deposited on Manningham Lane, but Ally almost crashed the car kissing me goodbye.

Had breakfast with Mum & Dad. Ally rattled over at 3 and we paid a visit to Lynn & Dave. Chris B and Julie H dropped in for coffee. They leave for a fortnight's holiday in the south of France tomorrow. Lynn had made some cream buns and Ally laughed at my guzzling. I am taking on a Billy Bunter appearance.

Ally deposited me at home at 6 o'clock and returned to her labours at the Belfry. I told her of Martyn's news.

Dined on chicken with Mum and Dad and we then slept like the inmates of a geriatric hospital. Attempted to watch a violent American film at 10, but fell asleep missing the vital, blood thirsty finish.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...