20201009

Wednesday January 21, 1981

 _. Ally collected me from the YP at 5. She had been into Leeds to renew a contract on something, but had messed the whole thing up. We went on to Guiseley for dinner with Mum and Dad and afterwards fell in front of the TV to watch another episode of D.H. Lawrence's 'Sons and Lovers'. Papa came home in the midst of this with a sad tale. The baby of a local doctor was found dead in its cot this evening after spending a damp afternoon with its mother shopping in Leeds strapped to its mother in one of those ridiculous red-Indian-type baby carrying things. Dad says he found her quite dazed cradling the child.

Mum and Dad went to bed and Ally I sat whispering about the coming holocaust, namely our engagement.

Ode to Ronald Reagan

Ron and Nancy you're the best,

I've watched you on the telly,

You make me want to head out west,

But it's all so flat and smelly.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...