20210126

Thursday May 21, 1981


 _. A bright sunny start. The 23rd birthday of my beloved fiancée. 

Up at 6:30 so that we can have a birthday present opening session. I gave her earrings, some unpronounceable perfume from France - 'Eau de Mitterrand' or something, 'Ten Little Niggers' by Agatha Christie, and of course a large, romantic birthday card, a tipsy rat in a champagne glass, you know the sort. Unusual for me. Ally bounced around like a little girl, her eyes shining gloriously.

I headed for the YP and Ally came and collected me at 12:30 and we went to the Bank Wine Bar in town, and had quiche and salad, and a litre of rosé wine, in a dark, cosy corner. We went shopping afterwards, more earrings, two records, and she found a mini skirt which will look good with the tanned legs.

Rain by 4. To Ash Tree Cottage and then to Burley-in-W to see Lynn, Dave and Frances. They bought Ally two nice plants. Ferns I think. The two of us to the Hare & Hounds at 9:30 for gigantic Porterhouse steaks and another litre of wine, this time red.

Back to Pine Tops. Saw Jim and Margaret but were too pissed to speak.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...