20210216

Friday August 14, 1981

 _. I didn't feel too good all day. It took me until 5pm to recover. Kathleen gave me a couple of paracetamol tablets. Raging headache until 6.

Stonehouse Inn: £80,000
Saw in the YP that a Mr Ian Taylor, of Skipton, has bought the Stonehouse Inn for something in the region of £80,000. I was my hideous and painful duty to phone Mum and tell her. The solicitors working for my parents are incompetent. It's a bloody disgrace to have to read about the pub malarkey in the morning papers when one is paying a bloody fortune to lawyers to keep one informed. At least now it's all over other plans can be made.

At home Ally cooked sirloin steaks with salad. The sight of her shifted my headache. She wasn't too good this morning [the wine] but picked up later.

News: Lord Drogheda has died. The Prince and Princess of Wales entertained President Sadat on board the Royal Yacht Britannia. The couple looked bronzed and radiant. It's refreshing to see them smiling from the pages of newspapers when the rest of the news is gloom and disorder. The YP and EP simply don't know how to style her despite my protestations. Today they were 'Prince Charles and the Princess of Wales', then 'Prince Charles and his wife'. In an article in the Sun ['Diana captures Egypt'] they were 'Prince Charles and Lady Diana', whilst the Daily Mirror said 'Princess Diana'. Oh dear.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...