20210211

Friday August 7, 1981

 _. Rain continues. Some areas are completely submerged. At the YP Sarah was back, surprisingly enough. Out at lunchtime and I had a salad sandwich beneath the overhanging concrete monstrosity of John Poulson's international swimming pool. It ought to be demolished, it really should.

Graham & Gill.
Home at 6. Sandwiches again. We plunged into the bath. Graham and Gill arrived at 9. They are in Yorkshire for the golden wedding anniversary party of Anthony Brown's parents tomorrow. Out at 9:30 to the Sun Inn at Cottingley. With Graham, Gill, Richard, Eileen, Philip and Carol Middlebrough. I was in good spirits and, when intoxicated, amused everyone with my quick wit and sharp and fast flowing repartee. I joked with Carol. She has a hamster, and has an unhealthy fixation for it. I attempted to persuade her to exchange it for a guinea pig. From Cottingley we went to the Connection in Shipley. I had a cold corn on the cob, and a moderate to fair lasagne. Eileen had been in Hyde Park for the royal wedding fireworks. She described the atmosphere in London as 'electric' but that the actual display was a flop. Not a patch on the Jubilee fireworks in '77. Back to Philip and Carol's at Wilsden. A new house on a housing estate. Home at 2:45am.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...