20210201

Friday June 19, 1981

 _. Mum and Dad's 27th wedding anniversary. I made an appearance at the marital bedroom at 7:30 and gave them a card and a present ~ a dish [Royal Albert] bearing a charming likeness of Lady Diana midst the roses.

The YP was glum. I made good my escape at noon. Ally met me on Wellington Street and we went to the railway station and met Dave G. We had a drink at the Central - hideous, and more alcohol at the Bank where I bought Ally a quiche salad. The latter watering hole was packed with estate agents and solicitors drinking gin and lusting after their secretaries. Then on to Jacomelli's, on Boar Lane.

To Guiseley via Bradford where we had fish and chips with Mum and Dad. Ally went off to Burley to bake with Lynn and no doubt discuss last night. They started off at Burley Gates and then went to the dear old Il Trovatore. I am told that Ally did her party piece and vomitted in the taxi.


I am a vision in green tonight. My Primo 'Moshe Dayan' jeans and a bottle green T-shirt. Dave G and I were deposited at the Woolpack by Ally, and she left us to our own devices. Joined by Pete, Chippy, Dave B, Dave L, Dave Allinson. From here we went to Chaplin's [Bolton Junction, eating raw carrot in Dave L's car]. Saw Dave Porritt, our DJ next week. On to 'Time and Place' in Bradford at 11:15 but they wouldn't allow Dave L in because of his inappropriate footwear, and so on we went to Gatsby's, a hovel if ever I saw one.

Dave L suggested that we should perhaps mug someone in the gents toilets so that he could swap shoes with the victim. He made several attempts but failed to find a candidate with his size of shoe. It was a bit like a modern day Cinderella re-worked. After 1am Dave L, in his offending footwear, drove Dave G and I to the Elmer in Shipley, and the others continued to Guiseley. The rest is lost. I remember nothing. Hideously pissed.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...