20210224

Thursday August 27, 1981

 _. We are both becoming weight conscious. This morning Ally [naked] weighed in a 7st 5lb, whilst I [naked] weighed in at exactly 12 st [that's 192 pounds]. I think this is the first time I have committed my weight to paper. In fact, I rarely ever weigh myself. I recall that in the summer of '77 I was a feeble 10st.

As I headed out to the office today Ally mumbled something about seeing a solicitor today to cite Delia as 'the other woman' in her expensive divorce case.

Auntie Delia.
Just Kathleen and I in the office. I went out at 12 to meet Delia on Wellington Street. She pleaded that parking in town is such a bore, and says 'come back to Horsforth for a Martini on the lawn'. And so it came to pass. We sat on the manicured lawn at Ivory Towers. She made me salami sandwiches and we sank a bottle of Martini whilst Delia flicked through the wedding photos. She commented that Ally's dress was exqusite. The house was deserted but for the Shih Tzu dogs. Sarah is somewhere with Trevor and poor Delia doesn't have a clue where he lives. Most odd. She deposited me back at the YP for 1pm, but my rushing back to work was in vain because Kathleen decided to work through, sacrificing her lunch. An industrious afternoon.

Mum phoned to say she and Papa were just about to leave for Scotland.

Home [82 degrees farenheit]. Went out for fish and chips at 8 o'clock. Phoned Dave G. Jim sounds to be fading. Lily was very depressed. 

I packed the suitcase tonight in readiness for my first visit to Chillandham Cross as a member of the family.

-=-


Mick Jagger on 'Top of the Pops' looks so healthy for his 63 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...