20210414

Friday November 20, 1981

 _.Out of bed, as usual at 6:30, and over breakfast we discussed both taking the afternoon off, but decided against it. We have precious little time to prepare before Christmas and intend to venture soon to York and the delights of Habitat.

To the YP. Mum phoned at 9:30 to say Dad has a badly infected eye from a fragment of rust which he managed to contract whilst on his back beneath the Toyota. They went by taxi to Bradford Royal where Ally joined them. 

I had a dull morning and at 12:50 I decided to leave. Bus to Bradford. Ally at the wheel of Audrey came to collect me with Mum and a dreadful looking Dad. His eye bandaged and looking pale and sickly. I don't think I've ever seen Papa looking so rotten. On to Pine Tops to deposit them. We bought fish and chips, had a few drinks and listened to music.

To Pudsey Civic Centre at 7:45. Ally looking chic in a new woollen frock. Diana and Paul's engagement party. I think the Civic centre is too big a venue for a comfortable orgy. 150 people eating and dancing and yet the place felt empty. Sue, Pete, Lynn, Dave, Jill, Tim, Karen, Steve, Phil and Denise, cousin Jackie and cousin Stephen [well over 6ft]. Hilda invited Ally and I to dinner on Sunday. A great honour. We escaped the 'dance hall' and took to the bar for the night. At 12 to the Sanderson residence until 4:30am. Talking to Karen about the ins and outs of modern day dentistry. Believe it or not, Karen is an authority on Prince Edward's teeth. Steve snored throughout. Home at dawn and to bed.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...