20210623

Saturday January 2, 1982

 Dad is 48 today and dear Mum is 47. I think this might be the first time I have missed seeing them on their joint birthday.

Ally, in a long, blue dressing gown, was up an hour before me in her father's study discussing the ins and outs of joining BUPA, at £8 per week. They decide against. Frank and Bessie went off shopping leaving us sat in the vast kitchen. How good would it be to own a house of such proportions?

Later to Winchester shopping. Then to Southampton shopping where we spent £28 in Habitat on a table lamp and a brass door knob.

Dined tonight with Frank & Bessie. Prawn cocktails, watercress soup, pheasant in red wine, chocolate fudge cake. Delicious. Afterwards we slumped. Bed at 1am. I am feeling better, but Ally is going under now.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...