20210716

Saturday January 16, 1982

 Hangovers. Ally begged me never to give her gin again. I agreed. I am far from happy too. I made tea and crumpets and we sat in bed forcing them down. Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable arrived.

    We went to Bradford shopping at 11:30. Fog. Bought meat and veg, &c, and a date sherry pack. Got Ally Sanatogen tablets to give her iron and make her big and strong.

A freezing, damp and foggy day which seems to linger on the brain. Not good for hangovers.

At home. Watched 'Odette' starring Anna Neagle [1950]. Ally bought me two presents yesterday. 'The Key to Rebecca' by Ken Follett, and a recording of Grieg's Piano Concerto in A minor, which has the Peer Gynt suite on the B side. Sat this evening reading the Key to Rebecca, another gripping tale, but please, oh please, when the film version comes to Bradford Odeon, please stop me going.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...